Eagle Point Ski Resort Guide
As one of Utah's most Southern ski resorts, Eagle Point Ski Resort is special. It combines low crowds with high-quality snow to give you the winter skiing experience of a lifetime. There are a ton of things to keep in mind when planning a trip to a ski resort, and you deserve to relax. That’s why we’ve written this guide—so that you know exactly what you need to prepare for and how to make the most of your trip. Let’s start!
Skiing Eagle Point
The Eagle Point Ski Area has a broad range of runs spread out over 600 acres. They also cover every difficulty level, from scenic blue slopes to some of Utah's most intense black diamonds. Still not adventurous enough for you? Check out the Terrain Park to practice your flips and other tricks. You can access all of this via the five lifts they keep operating during the season. And don’t think the snow is any less impressive because Eagle Point is in Southern Utah. They can get more than 350 inches of snow every year! Although skiing and snowboarding are Eagle Point Resort’s main activities, they offer hiking, mountain biking, and snowshoeing too.
Eagle Point Ski Lessons
Eagle Point Ski Resort offers lessons for all ages and abilities to move you and your family along the skiing journey. Eagle Point is known for their smaller ski school sizes, so you won’t feel crowded or rushed as you try to learn. There are morning and afternoon lessons so you can plan them at your convenience. Here are the options for you to choose from:
- The Eaglets Ski Program is for children ages 5-7. For children younger than 5, booking a private lesson is encouraged to help keep your child as safe and comfortable as possible. The Eaglets will introduce your child to skiing and help them build a strong foundation for the rest of their life.
- The Learn to Soar Ski Program welcomes students from 8-14 years of age. Your child will be put in a small group according to their ability and confidence on the mountain. The instructors will work to teach the essential principles of skiing, while also building on the group’s prior knowledge and experience in a fun environment.
- The Adult Ski Program is open to anyone 15 years old or older. These lessons will teach you to ski, but they’ll also allow you to explore the mountain and Eagle Point Resort.
- A Private Ski Lesson may be right for you if one-on-one feedback and a curated experience on the slopes are what you’re after. Private lessons are also the only available full-day lessons.
Eagle Point Ski Rentals
The Eagle Point Rental Shop is located in their Skyline Lodge. It’s open from 9 am-5 pm on regular days. They offer adult and junior packages for both skiing and snowboarding. For a little bit extra, you can add a helmet to the package. Snowshoes are also available in the rental shop if you’d like to try something different. Repairs are available in case something goes wrong, or your equipment needs a tune-up.
Eagle Point Ski Resort Parking
There are two main places you can park at Eagle Point Ski Resort: Canyonside Lodge and Skyline Lodge. There are not necessarily parking signs, so just follow the directions for the lodges to figure out where to go. Parking is first come/first served, but Eagle Point is not generally very crowded so that shouldn’t be a problem.
Eagle Point Resort Lodging
The lodging at Eagle Point Resort is convenient, high-quality, and perfectly situated so you can enjoy the beautiful scenery of the Tushar Mountains. The condos and homes located in the resort will keep you warm, safe, and comfortable throughout your stay. They are divided into three different experiences:
- The Premium Condos at Eagle Point Resort are located near Canyonside Lodge by the advanced runs on the mountain. They are perfect for families of all sizes looking for a winter getaway. These luxury condos come with free firewood and access to Canyonside Lodge’s hot tub garden.
- The Village Condos are also near Canyonside Lodge. They are an ideal option for a comfortable, budget-friendly resort stay. Many of these condos have ski-in/ski-out access and sleep up to 10 people.
- The Vacation Homes are for big parties and family reunions. These are the largest lodging options available at Eagle Point, offering the quiet, remote serenity of the mountains without being inconvenient. The private deck will allow you to fully appreciate the scenery without leaving your house. Don’t miss out on your next family vacation.
Restaurants in Eagle Point, Utah
The two main places to get food at Eagle Point Resort are the two lodges, Skyline and Canyonside. Skyline offers affordable cafeteria-style meals if you’re just looking for a quick lunch break in-between runs. Canyonside’s Bar & Grill is the ultimate luxury dining experience in the mountains. They offer a wide variety of entrees and appetizers including seafood, pasta, and burgers. The bar offers premium selections of beer, wine, and other spirits. Don’t miss out on this unique chance to enjoy the wonders of nature and cuisine in the same place.
There is usually enough room at the two lodges for anyone who wants to eat. However, if you’re in the mood for other options, you’ll find several restaurants just a short distance from the resort. Some customer favorites include:
- Butch Cassidy’s Hideout Cafe
- The Drive Inn is a small town mom and pop shop that cooks all their food fresh when it’s ordered. They use fresh beef from a local meat plant and all their veggies are cut fresh daily. They even make all their sauces homemade!
- Loaded Burger
- GG’s Pizzeria
Things to Do Around Eagle Point Ski Resort
Utah is one of the best places in the USA for fantastic scenery, daring adventures, and family fun! The Eagle Point Ski Area is one of the only ski resorts in Southern Utah, which provides a unique opportunity for day trips far from the cold weather and snow if you so choose. A few must-see attractions in Southern Utah are:
- Zion’s National Park
- Lake Powell
- Old St. George
- Capitol Reef National Park
- Goblin Valley
Take Your Adventure to the Max With Wildhorn
Eagle Point has the potential to provide you with the ultimate winter vacation. However, staying at a ski resort is more than just booking a room and bringing your kids (or leaving them home). To have an incredible skiing experience, you need the proper equipment. That’s where we come in. Wildhorn is a high-quality online snow equipment provider that will ensure you have everything you need to seize the day and the mountain. Get equipped for your next big adventure, and check out our snow equipment now!