The Optimal Ski Helmets for Any Condition
There’s no question about it. Everyone needs a high-quality ski helmet to keep them safe while they’re tearing it up on the mountain. The industry has so many different options, but none of them can quite compare to Wildhorn’s design. We build our snow helmets with you in mind at some of the best factories in the world.
Still need some convincing? No worries. The rest of the blog will show you why some of the best athletes in the world choose Wilhorn as their equipment brand choice.
Why Do You Need a Ski Helmet?
The obvious answer is safety. Snow sports can be dangerous, and you need to do everything you can to ensure you won’t have any serious accidents. Snow sports are especially intense because they involve low temperatures, high speeds, dangerous obstacles, and other people in proximity. There is no way to ski in a “controlled environment.” However, with the right equipment, you can significantly reduce the risk of life-threatening injuries. The best ski helmets are more than just your typical bicycle headgear. Snow helmets are specifically designed to withstand extreme environmental conditions and protect your head from the kind of impacts you are most likely to experience on the slopes.
What Makes a Good Ski Helmet?
Every ski helmet you see on the market has passed at least one safety certification. But that doesn’t mean that all of them will give you the same level of protection, convenience, and comfort. Each company has its own features and improvements it wants to make to rise above the competition. Here are the features that all the best snow helmets should have:
- Ski Goggles Compatibility. Many experienced skiers prefer to have their goggles and helmets manufactured by the same company because it improves the fit of the snow goggles over the helmet. This is important for warmth and comfort purposes.
- Adjustable Fit. This is a no-brainer. Your goggles need to be able to fit your face. Nothing is worse than coming home after a long day of skiing without your goggles because they fell off or with permanent lines imprinted on your face.
- Ventilation. Airflow is very important for temperature regulation while you’re skiing. All the best ski helmets have a specific shape with holes to allow your scalp to breathe.
- Ear Pads. This feature helps keep your ears warm and protected. You don’t want them to be so bulky that you can’t hear, but they need to be functional. Good ear pads also have audio compatibility options
- Audio Compatible. As we just stated, the best snow helmets have audio compatibility options in their ear pads. Ski headphones are often flatter than regular ones, so they’ll fit under your helmet.
You’re in the right place if you want a helmet with the specs. Wildhorn’s ski helmets have all of the things stated above, and the individual lines have unique features that make them ideal for different situations. Now it’s time to dive deeper into what those are.
Our Highline snow helmet is designed with a top-of-the-line MIPS protection system. It is lightweight, so you won’t even notice it’s there unless you need it. We’ve taken every safety measure, including getting both American and European safety certifications. We’ve included custom ventilation and a fine tune adjustment dial for your convenience. It comes in 8 different colors and 3 sizes, so your helmet can fit your personality and your head.
This helmet is a favorite for skiers everywhere. In fact, one of the US Olympic champions uses this helmet as her go-to because of its safety and style features. It is comfortable and high-quality, with 10 different color options. It’s made with an in-mold shell and lightweight materials. All of our snow helmets feature a secure goggle strap, and the Drift is no different. This strap guarantees you won’t lose your eye protection in a snow bank at an elevation of 14,000. The sleek design will give you a professional look that identifies you as a serious athlete.
Spire is Wildhorn’s youth ski helmet and goggles package. It’s built for children ages 3-8, and it comes in 8 fun colors. Just because it’s for smaller skiers doesn’t mean we slacked off at all on safety standards. We went the extra mile to ensure your children will be totally safe on the slopes.
Why Choose Wildhorn?
At the end of the day, our purpose is to help create amazing experiences for you while you adventure into the outdoors. But there are tons of outdoor equipment companies out there that are saying the same thing; what makes us different? There are a few things that set Wildhorn apart from the competition:
- Integrity: It can be hard in business to find companies that are willing to do what they say they will and provide you with high-quality products that don’t cut corners. At Wildhorn, we make it a point to do exactly that because our customers deserve to be safe and satisfied.
- Customer Service: Wildhorn would not be where it is today without its amazing customers. And we cultivate consumer relationships well beyond the purchase. We strive to win brand fans and loyal followers, not just customers. That’s why our customer service team is set up for fast, effective problem-solving: so you can leave the experience satisfied every time.
- Professional Testimonies: A lot of companies make claims about the potential of their products, but Wildhorn has Olympic champions to back us up. Our ski helmets have been proven to be world-class time and time again, winning medals alongside the world’s best athletes in the world’s greatest competitions.
- Style: We believe you shouldn’t have to compromise style for safety. Wildhorn snow helmets are designed to be sleek, strong, and customizable.
- Care: Most important of all, we are different because we care. Your safety is our top priority, followed by our employee and customer wellness. This is so much more than a profitable venture for us. We are working to spread the spirit of adventure across the world, and we want you to help us do it.
There’s no time like the present to start living life to the fullest. If you are interested in buying your new favorite ski helmet or checking out our other snow equipment, check out our store now!