With the skiing season in full swing, ski resorts all over Utah are revving up for their busiest time of the year. Runs are groomed, lifts are functioning, and all the best restaurants are open for business! Because there are so many ski resorts in Utah, it’s important to know which ones are the best fit for you based on location, price, size, and commodities. Every ski resort has something special, and Snowbasin Resort is no different. They offer skiing and snowboarding along with many other amazing conveniences. It’s past time to start planning your ideal winter vacation, so here is a guide to one of Utah’s most beautiful resorts.
Overview of Snowbasin Resort
Snowbasin is a high-quality winter resort located in Huntsville, Utah, about 45 minutes north of Salt Lake City. Snowbasin resort has about 3000 acres of land and 111 runs just for skiing and exploring during the wintertime. They are known for their advanced lift system which includes gondolas, trams, express lifts, and more! They make daily weather updates on their website, so you know the best time to have a snow day. But the amazing snow and transportation isn’t the only reason to pay a visit to the Snowbasin ski area. Let’s dive into all the other reasons this resort is a Utah favorite.
Snowbasin Ski Lessons
Every snow resort tries to have lessons so people can come and participate even when they’ve never skied or snowboarded before. However, Snowbasin ski lessons go the extra mile. They have opportunities for people to learn from all ages and skill levels, regardless of limitations or concerns. Here are all of their different instruction options:
- Youth Lessons: Snowbasin’s youth ski lessons, known as the Snow Sports School, is a place where outdoor sports enthusiasts are born. Children are put in small groups by age and skill level where they can be taught by professional instructors how to be safe and have fun at the same time. They have opportunities for full-season lessons, or just a one-day experience if you’re not going to be there for very long.
- Adult Group Lessons: Maybe you haven’t skied for a long time and you’re trying to get back into it, or maybe you’ve never skied before in your life. Either way, Snowbasin’s adult ski lessons are a great place to make friends with similar interests and improve your skiing repertoire.
- Private Lessons: If you feel like you want more one-on-one instruction, Snowbasin offers private lessons as well. This will allow the instructor to help with your specific needs, which allows for exponential growth.
- Women on Wednesday: This is a ski lesson experience only offered by Snowbasin Resort. WoW allows women from all walks of life to come together, learn, and connect through skiing and snowboarding once a week.
- Adaptive Sports: Even when you’re not able to participate in snow sports the traditional way, Snowbasin resort still wants you to experience the magic of the mountain, and they’ve built a way to make it happen! Their adaptive sports ski lessons work to overcome perceived limitations and make you the best version of yourself you can be.
Snowbasin Ski Rentals
Snowbasin’s ski and snowboard rental shop is located at the base of the mountain inside the Grizzly Center. They offer full equipment rentals for all ages and even offer packages for multi-day experiences (so you can have access to the same skis throughout your vacation).
Another great thing that Snowbasin ski resort offers is a Tune & Repair Shop onsite. You have constant access to professional services if something goes wrong, such as your skis breaking. Snowbasin has everything set up so you have the absolute best experience possible, regardless of the circumstances.
Snowbasin Ski Resort Parking
Snowbasin ski resort’s parking is built for large crowds and peak days, while also being focused on sustainability. There are more than 10 different parking lots varying distances from the mountain. Some of the parking lots are reserved for cars with 3+ people to encourage carpooling to protect the environment. For parking lots that are further away, Snowbasin offers shuttles up to the mountain. If you don’t want to drive all the way to the resort in your car, UTA offers special stops during the wintertime from the valley up to Snowbasin. Regardless of how you get there, skiing Snowbasin is a treat any day of the year.
Snowbasin Resort Lodging
There is no resort lodging at Snowbasin Ski Resort. However, there are tons of different options in nearby cities that could improve your vacation experience. They include Salt Lake City, Ogden Valley, Davis County, and Park City. Check out some of the lodging options Snowbasin recommends.
Restaurants in Snowbasin, Utah
Skiing tends to work up a good appetite, which is why the restaurants at Snowbasin Resort in Utah provide filling and delicious food all winter long. Here are a few of the dining options to choose from at the resort:
- Needles Lodge: Needles Lodge is at the top of Needles Gondola. It provides service for lunch. The food options are limited only by your imagination and include a grill, southwest cuisine, pizza, soup, salad, and a variety of different drinks.
- Earl’s Lodge Servery: This restaurant is open for breakfast, lunch, and early dinners. Earl’s Lodge Servery has a warm market-style atmosphere and serves breakfast, Asian noodles, a variety of meat, pizza, and more!
- Cinnabar: Cinnabar specializes in premium alcoholic drinks and offers amazing menu items. It’s located near the servery in Earl’s Lodge. This restaurant is open from mid-morning until the resort closes.
Other Activities Around Snowbasin Resort
One of the great things about staying in the city is that you have the opportunity to see other amazing sites in Utah when you’re not on the slopes. Although there are historical and fun things to do all over the place, Salt Lake City is a hub for fun and simple things to do. At 45 minutes away, it’s the perfect distance for a day trip even if you’re not staying there. For your convenience, here is a list of the best things to do in SLC during the wintertime:
Ski Your Heart Out With Wildhorn
Snowbasin Resort is the perfect winter getaway. Whether you go for a day trip or as a part of a grand winter extravaganza, the delicious food, and amazing snow is sure to leave you satisfied. The only thing to worry about is safety. Wildhorn’s snow and ski gear will keep you safe while allowing you to achieve high performance on the slopes. If you’re ready to plan your next adventure, check out Wildhorn’s snow equipment today!