The Ultimate Guide to Brighton Ski Resort
If there’s one thing Utah is good at, it’s ski resorts. And there’s no better way to enjoy the best snow on Earth than at Brighton Ski Resort.
Brighton’s ski season begins in late November, so it’s time to start thinking about your next dream vacation! Let’s talk about the restaurants, lessons, sights, and processes of Brighton Ski Resort.
An Overview of Brighton, Utah Ski Resort
Brighton, Utah Ski Resort is a high-end establishment at the top of Big Cottonwood Canyon, between Salt Lake City and Park City, two huge tourist towns in Utah. Brighton has 66 unique and exciting trails over the mountain. The elevation gets up to 10,500 feet and gets an average of 500 inches of snow every year.
Brighton Ski Resort Lessons
Brighton Ski Resort offers a Snowsports School. They have lessons available for all ages and skill levels. For kids, there are three options:
These classes help kids reach their full snow sports potential with highly trained teachers in supportive environments. They also have adult classes available:
All these classes are based on age and are made by the coordinators at Brighton. However, people who need more flexibility in their instruction can take private lessons, custom group lessons, and night lessons.
Brighton Ski Resort Parking
Brighton Ski resort offers free and paid parking as well as ADA-accessible parking. If you can’t get a spot in the parking lot, there are parking lots throughout the valley with buses and park-n-rides to the slopes for your convenience.
The parking at Brighton is unique because it sits on protected forest service land. This means the parking lot has not been able to grow along with the popularity of the resort. 95% of parking is free, but it’s full by mid-morning on good snow days. You can’t park on the side of the road in the canyon during the winter months because of avalanche warnings. Basically, if you want a parking spot, planning ahead is essential.
There are two ways to guarantee you get into the parking lot. You can arrive early,
near the start of the ski day, and deal with the colder morning temperatures. Or you can make a reservation. For $25 a day, staff members will hold a parking space for you until noon on the day you want to come ski. Even if the lot is full of regular customers, your reservation will get you a spot near the lift and resort.
Because of its location, there are tons of restaurants within driving distance of Brighton. However, if you want the full experience, try one of Brighton’s six amazing restaurants within driving distance of the resort with different specialties.
- Molly Greens is Brighton’s resident bar and grill. It has a cozy atmosphere, amazing views, and a wide variety of delicious food and high-end drinks.
- Alpine Rose is the main cafeteria at Brighton Ski Resort. Come in for breakfast, lunch, and dinner to chow down on a hearty meal.
- Milly Chalet has the perfect burgers and beer combo. You can try some of the delicious items on their menu or bring your own lunch and enjoy the patio view.
- Blind Miner Coffee is legendary at the resort. Pull up to this cafe to enjoy a drink and a pastry after a long day of fun and socialize with your friends and family!
- The Brighton Store is a pitstop for all your favorite snacks. Make sure to drop in when you need a little pick-me-up or if you need a fast sugar fix.
- The Burton Store has snack essentials galore! Make time to stop by this ski resort staple.
Hotels Near Brighton Ski Resort
A ski resort isn’t a ski resort without awesome lodgings, and Brighton is no different. The Brighton Lodge is located just off the slopes and is available to stay in year-round. It has unique decorations and a rustic mountain charm that can’t be replaced. The lodge is ideal if you want easy access to the slopes and a huge hot tub and spa throughout your vacation.
If you don’t want to stay at the resort itself, there are still a lot of close lodging options. Here are some of our favorites:
- Silver Fork Lodge and Restaurant is only about three miles from Brighton Ski Resort. It’s an award-winning bed and breakfast, and the restaurant is open the whole day.
- Cottonwood Lodging Company offers a big variety of luxury cabins and rentals year-round for even the most hesitant of mountaineers.
- Brighton Vacation Rentals offer a unique mountain resort experience, with a fully furnished suite and jetted tubs. Brighton Ski Resort is accessible to hotel visitors because it’s located across the street from the Milly Express Lift.
Skiing and snowboarding are thrilling (and the resort is centered around them), but that’s not the only thing to do around Brighton Ski Resort. Salt Lake City and Park City are both within driving distance and they provide tons of unique vacation experiences like:
Start planning your trip now so you can make time to do all of the things you want while you’re in Utah at Brighton Ski Resort.
Gear Up for Your Dream Vacation with Wildhorn
Everyone needs a vacation once in a while, and Wildhorn is committed to making your experience the best it can be. We will help keep you safe while you’re shredding the slopes with our high-quality performance snow equipment.